New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identify these to win a set- free
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This contest is to see who can identify the scope mounts pictured. The first one to guess exactly what they are will receive a free set of brand new scope mounts similar to these. He will [URL=This contest is to see who can identify the scope mounts pictured. The first one to guess exactly what they are will receive a free set of brand new scope mounts similar to these. He will have a choice of guns for which they fit from what limited stock I have. I will be the sole judge of the event and all decisions are final. Also I only ship inside the US. I challenge any of you who have interesting items to do the same to see who remembers what. ]What is it?[/URL] have a choice of guns for which they fit from what limited stock I have. I will be the sole judge of the event and all decisions are final. Also I only ship inside the US. I challenge any of you who have interesting items to do the same to see who remembers what. [URL= ] [/URL]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/jonesfort/Leupold3ddmts.jpg http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/jonesfort/Leupold3ddmts.jpg

Marshall Jones

Posts: 192 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Leupold Double Dovetail Mounts?

Posts: 1247 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
...or Leupold Dual Dovetail Mounts...?

Posts: 1247 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry no, check the bases.

Marshall Jones

Posts: 192 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The rings look like Burris.

They could have come out with some weird base system back when they were fighting Redfield for dovetail patenting.

-Spencer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Leupold M3 to me.

Kurt

Soli Deo Gloria

Posts: 145 | Location: Woodville WI | Registered: 25 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that the Nikon Optilock system?

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BiggestGun,

Looking at these again I'm convinced that they are Leupold Model 3 bases and rings, but I'm wondering if you combined two sets to make a homemade dual-dovetail set of M3's. I'm looking forward to finding out!

Kurt

Soli Deo Gloria

Posts: 145 | Location: Woodville WI | Registered: 25 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look like control to me I might have it spelled wrong

Posts: 305 | Location: on the praire and liken it | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moleman:
BiggestGun,

Looking at these again I'm convinced that they are Leupold Model 3 bases and rings, but I'm wondering if you combined two sets to make a homemade dual-dovetail set of M3's. I'm looking forward to finding out!

Kurt
MOLEMAN you got it. I knew there were some smart cookies out there but thought this might take a little longer. This is a dual dovetail set made from two rear mounts of the Leupold model 3 mount. I recently came across a box of 20 sets of these brand new. I have seen them in early 70’s Leupold adds. They look kind of nice and might go well with a gun and scope from that era. Let me know which of these you want and email your shipping address.
Winchester 88
FN Mauser
Browning BAR
Savage 99
Remington 740
Savage 110
Winchester 70 Mag action with narrow rear hole spacing

Here is a picture of a standard Model 3 setup.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BiggestGun,

Thanks for doing this excercise. It was fun and I'd like to see it repeated. I've got a set of vintage mounts that I'm not using which I'll try to get pictures of and post for the next one.

I'll email you regarding the freebies!

Thanks,
Kurt

Soli Deo Gloria