Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Yosemite (6x30)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
I recently purchased a pair of these after reading some reviews on Optiks Talk (or some forum like that). I must admit that for a pair of binoculars well under $100 they are pretty darn nice. They are porros but they are very compact and light, under 20 ozs. The depth perception with the porros is really something to see for someone accustom to using roof prism binos. The other nice thing is that they come in 6X which gives great depth of field. Finally they are waterproof and come with Leupold's lifetime warranty. For what I paid for my Trinovids, I could buy a dozen or so pairs of these. Nice binocular for the money.

Mike

Posts: 21378 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Mike very good binos for 80 bucks. Gave a set to my father for his pickup binos he is very happy.

Porros always have had good depth perception, Heck Porros can be made cheaper and of as high or higher optic quality than Roof Prisim binos, they just dont sell well here in the states, and we as consumers prefer "the look of Roof prisims"

I'm with Mike 2 thumbs up for the Leupolds!

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Esldude
posted Hide Post
Have a pair of these myself. They seem almost too good for the money they cost. Not perfect, but pretty well sized, suprisingly good optics, nice eye relief, and waterproof.

Posts: 852 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you think those are a good buy you should try some of the original Leupold porros from the early 1980s. Their first 7x30 IF model is one of the most useful, toughest binocs ever made. Even better than the current Yosemite, its detent individual focus adjustments would STAY where you put them until you moved them. Just watch what they sell for when the occasional pristine set comes up on ebay.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote