Find
Notify
Tools

Some Of You Might Be Interested In This Video
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I thought some of you might enjoy looking at what scopes endure on an African hunt.

This scope - a Leupold 2.5-8 - as well as an identical one, installed on another rifle of the same caliber, 375/404.

Both have had many years of use in Africa, and none has ever given me any trouble whatsoever. In fact, once they are set, they have never lost their zero.

They ride in the back of a truck, several hours a day, like you see in the following video.

Shakes and Rattles

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67408 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
Most impressive. I recall on my tour of the Leupold plant in Beaverton Oregon that they had a device to test scopes for G force reaction. Looks like a good thing they did. I also note the lack of covers on scope knobs, sign to me of an accomplished long range marksman.

My rifles ride in a foam lined case, I am now very glad they do. These are also now required here for transportation of firearms on an Aircraft.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite a testimonial to the toughness of Leupold scopes.

The 2.5-8 Leupold is my favorite hunting scope. I have them on at least six or seven rifles, some for just a couple of years, others for probably twenty or more. Great scope.