Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nightforce/ruag crap service
 Login/Join

posted
Guys, what is happenning to Nighforce/RUAG service?

I have had problems with a 7 month old NXS, which was returned with a promise of a progress update and a 1 month turnaround,

Despite promises and assurances from both NIghtforce and RUAG that my scope would be repaired and returned in a month, and that I would be updated on the progress, sadly I have to report that I have not:

a, received my scope.
b, received any email or progress update from either RUAG or Nightforce.
c, been able to goto Scotland stalking on Tuesday.

I have sent the below email to both parties:

In your email of 23/7 you mentioned you would update me with progress.

It is now past the one month turnaround, as agreed between myself, yourself and Steven at Nightforce, not only have I not received my scope, I am disappointed not even to have had a courtesy email to let me know what is happening.

I was booked to go to Scotland Tues 26th for 4 days, I have now cancelled this booking and also the time I had booked off work, because I have no scope to shoot with. I have re- booked this for the week commencing 8 Sept.

Whilst I appreciate you receive a very low rate of returns, I am sure you will appreciate that currently, I feel I am receiving a very low rate customer service experience.

Having had miscommunication and incorrect advice previously, I have now recieved no information or advice as you offered.

I am sure I do not need to point out the Sales of Goods act regarding 'reasonable time', the time, you have exceeded, even that which your own manufacturers have agreed as reasonable, Is there any reason I should now, not reject the scope and demand a refund?

I look forward to your reply.

Is this the experience, I should expect of NIGHTFORCE/RUAG???

Posts: 14 | Location: uk | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Oh, how I hate to hear this. I just bought one of thier NXS scopes. It's an amazing piece of glass that'll rival anything in the safe for clarity, but if the C/S is bad it seriously de-values the product IMO. Please keep us updated.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own 5 NF scopes and the customer service has been great. I bought 2 used and returned both to a few items. I got them back in 1 week. Never has one broken in the field. Who did you speak with? Brian over there has been great.

NRA life member,Colt Armoror

Posts: 33 | Location: NY | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
floyd looks to be from the UK, and I'm guessing RUAG is an importer??

Nightforce service is legendarily good, have you spoken to them directly?

I've got several Nightforces and none have needed service, have bought a few spare parts though, and their customer service was impeccable, 10 months or so ago last interaction with them!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote