Find
Notify
Tools

Bases For a Cooper?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted
I just ordered a Cooper Montana Varminter and already have a Leopold scope for it. Now I need rings and bases. I see that bases are brand-specific, but didn't see any labeled for Coopers.

Does anyone here know what Leopold bases will work with the Cooper, which will come drilled and tapped?

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talley or Leupold comes on each rifle for free, your choice (unless something has changed recently) when you order a rifle.
My choice is Talley, they look much more classier in my opinion.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
The Montana Varminter is a Model 21, right?

You can find them at Midway USA or order directly from Cooper.

I really like all Leupold products I have owned but equally dislike trying to negotiate their website.

Congrats on acquiring a fine rifle.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Talley or Leupold comes on each rifle for free, your choice (unless something has changed recently) when you order a rifle.
My choice is Talley, they look much more classier in my opinion.

+1

If not specified, though, they deliver Leupolds.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use/used Talley on all of my Coopers. I still have a NIB 20 MOA base for a model 56. Any one need one?

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Cooper TRP-3 that I got a set of Talley rings and bases for. Is it worth lapping the rings for this type of rifle (entry level benchrest)?

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote