Find
Notify
Tools

Fogging problem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys,
Im having a problem with my binoculars fogging up. What do you guys use for anti fogging on your optics?

Peter

Posts: 120 | Location: Oshkosh, WI | Registered: 21 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leica binos.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Are the eyepieces fogging up when you put them to your eyes, or is the binocular fogging up internally?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Up to my eyes. Im also having problems with one of my scopes thats on my list to replace.

Peter

Posts: 120 | Location: Oshkosh, WI | Registered: 21 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are various liquid solutions that you can apply to the lenses to reduce the issue. You can probably go to any camera shop or Cabelas/Bass Pro and get the stuff.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Wear shooting glasses. That way the warmth from your eyes will never be close enough to fog the ocular lenses.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you wear a facemask when hunting? The reason I ask is that when you breath in one your breath rises through the top and fogs optics. If you wear one pull it down under your nose when glassing.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
When I glass in the cold I hold my breathe

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on the face mask

Posts: 123 | Location: Vero Beach, FL | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote