Find
Notify
Tools

Millett LRS scopes?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
anyone have one 6-25x56 35mm tube? I think it's made by Bushnell.

Using it on a Rem 243 for now, 2-300 yds but I'm looking for 600-1000yd range to try.

I'm not ready to spend much more....yet.

Posts: 6439 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have one but haven't tried it at extreme range. the glass is pretty good, but i doubt that it is klick material. its quite heavy unit being a steel tube, adjustments are good and solid. over all it is a very good unit

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I'd like to know Rich, is what in the heck is it like to own such a rifle in a place like NYC?

I know my California transplant neighbors here freak out with my varmint rifles, that I am some sort of mad militia sniper type...

I have to sneak them from the garage to the car, just to go over to the rifle range...

back on topic...

I've eyed the Millets myself... they seen to run them at a high price and then drop the price...

I don't know if Cameraland there in NYC carries them...

an acquaintance over at the rifle range, uses a batch of them.. he had them on top of military rifles he refurbishes from top to bottom, ground up... when done they look like the day they came out of the factory...

new barrel, parkerized, redone wood or replaced if need be...

he shoots them also, and his scope of choice has been the Milletts...he has 10 or 12 of them and is shooting past 500 yds with them, with 06, 308 and 8mm Mauser, and 6.5 x 55 Mauser..

prairie dog shooting buds in Montana, that work at gun shops say a lot of them are traded in for better optics....so they aren't really impressed with that fact...

you want real nice optics that are not Leupold, the Bushnell 6500 series is really top shelf...

however last time I was in a Cabelas, I compared a lot of scopes and the best one for optical clarity was surprisingly a Cabela's Alaskan guide in 6 x 24 or so...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I have a long gun license and a handgun license. Costs me about $150 a year.

I like the specs. on the scope. It's got a ton of adjustment but I may never get to 1000 yds or even 600. I have a 4.5-14x44 Conquest I may start with.

Rich

PS. when you come home with a deer strapped to the roof of a car eveyone kinda knows you own guns. (haven't done that in may may years)

Posts: 6439 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote