Find
Notify
Tools

Talley Lever release ring report
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted
I'm heading north of Nome on 5 Sept 2008 for a Grizzly hunt. My primary weapon will be a CZ550 American in 9.3x62 shooting 286 gr Nosler Partitions @ 2490 fps. Ramshot Big Game is propellant. In this rifle, I consistently get MOA groups. My main optic is a Leupold VXII 2-7x33 w/ LR (two extra dots) reticle. I'm taking along an extra Leupold M8 4x set in another set of Talley Lever realease rings which were delivered just the other day. I though Talley messed up when the "lever" release rings arrived and they had the torx head screws installed instead of the Lever release screws. I panicked, thinking they had messed up. Boy, I tell you I had a few choice words ready to deliver to them since I don't need this kind of last minute stress before my hunt.

Anyway, I verified my 217 yd zero with the primary optic set up; 3-shots into 1.5". Removed the ring/scope set up from the rifle, replaced it. Shot another shot, repeated, removed/replaced, shot, removed/replace, shot for a total of 3 shots. Group was 1.75" and had moved up and right about 1.5".

I then went to sight in the 4x M8/Talley setup. I use the Leupold Zero Point magnetic illuminated boresighter. I had the little cross hair sheet which was already marked with the zero for the 2-7 scope. I set the 4x scope to the same setting and @ 217 yds, bam! The zero was within 2" of the 2-7 scope. That lends alot of cofidence in Talley's quality control.

Just thought you might like to know.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
I'm glad the Talleys are working out for you. I put a set of Warne QD rings and bases on my 338-378 Wby when I bought it. It's always returned to zero without compromise. Since then I've put them on all of my rifles.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Talleys on all my rifles now excluding Rugers, Sakos, and CZ's with integral bases. When going on a long distance hunt, I like to have another scope zeroed and ready. I have a 30mm scope on my CZ 9.3x62, so it doesn't have the Talleys, as far as I know they still don't make a 30mm ring for the CZ.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a set of Talleys for my CZ and was asked if I wanted 1 inch or 30MM.In their new price list they show 30MM with lever lock or screw lock.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSSP:
I use the Leupold Zero Point magnetic illuminated boresighter.

I like that Zero Point so much, I am going to present each of my hunting buddies with one this fall.
I hope the magnet does not wreck their credit cards, cell phone, GPS, etc.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote