New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holo Reflex Sights for Mini-14?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a .223 Mini-14 and I'm considering putting Holo Reflex sights on it for fast target acquisition, like the ones in this link:
http://www.opticsbestbuy.com/s...x+sights&submit=true

Does anyone recommend any sights OF THIS TYPE (I'm not partial to any brand yet) for tactical use? Need something that's visible in daylight, brightness adjustment for night, red or green dot - does it matter? Any insights appreciated! Thx ~ Hunter308

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've used the older bushnell on pistols a bit. it worked ok, but i'm not much on the red dot sights of anykind.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I have used a trijicon reflex and thought it was great for most fast shooting applications but the dot size on this type sight is to big for precision.
I'm currently scopeless on one AR & a mini, and have an Eotech on another AR. The EOtech seems more precise to me, but peeps are fine. If I truly was expecting low light I'd be considering laser, lights, ? before a dot sight.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Burris Fastfire II has served me well. It has held up to recoil and I can shoot a 1" group with it at 100 yds.

Cliff
NRA Life Member
CMP Distinguished Rifleman
NRA Master, Short and Long Range

Posts: 436 | Location: Fulshear, TX | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'll check out the Burris Fastfire II

~ Hunter308