New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eyes Close Together
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi. I suffer from the G.W./Will Farrel disease: my eyes are very close together. Frowner So close that every binoculars I've used have been too wide for me to be able to look through with both eyes focused. Anyone here know of any that I might try?

Thanks.

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to a large sporting good store that carries quality optics and try several pair.

My Leicas seem to "close down" pretty small.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupold made their Yosemite line to be adaptable to kids, so they will close pretty narrow. They are very economical, and although not a Leica or a Rochester Bausch & Lomb, they do provide an excellent image and good resolution for their price.

Posts: 13247 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't look up, a bird dropping on you might get both eyes instead of one.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the responses, especially the tip about not looking up. Big Grin

It would make sense to check out something designed for children. We'll see what happens.

Thanks, again. Smiler

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you had your interpupilary distance measured?
Is it actually so small that it is off scale on all binoculars?

I find that many people learning to use a binocular simple do not know what the view is supposed to look like when properly adjusted.
BTW my IP distance is near the upper limit for binocular. Get a set you like and make them off limits to the rest of the planet.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
Have you had your interpupilary distance measured?
Is it actually so small that it is off scale on all binoculars?

I find that many people learning to use a binocular simple do not know what the view is supposed to look like when properly adjusted.
BTW my IP distance is near the upper limit for binocular. Get a set you like and make them off limits to the rest of the planet.

No measurement done. As an example of problems this causes, it's very dificult for me to look down a shotgun rib, because my eye is too far from where my cheek hits the stock. Frowner