New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone own Leica Noctivids?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I compared the Zeiss Victory, Swaro EL and the Leica Noctivids at last years DSC convention. I was blown away by the view and feel of the Leica's, but it's interesting that you see very little discussion of them. What gives? Has anyone bought them and use them?

Posts: 504 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They did a shake down over on Rokslide. Should not be hard to find.

Posts: 735 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
https://www.rokslide.com/leica-noctivid-10x42-review/

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Notify

Interesting read on the link. I can second the issue with any Swar in the possibility of looking a few degrees off the sun at sunset and sunrise. There is significant glare / flare.
That is the primary reason i have use Leicas over the years along with their compact size.
I have owned all the "big 3" and all are excellent.
Currently I use Leica ultravid HD+ 10X42 and 12X50.
I have some older 8X32 ultravids as my light weight mountain binocs.

Check them all out if you have friends that own them, dusk and dawn, how well the lenses shed water, and looking a few degrees off the sun as it rises and falls.

I just wish all the big three did not have such a fast focus and a bit firmer focus wheel.
The fast wheel is for birders.
I have noted a few mfg. have added a focus lock option which is great (but not the big 3).

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote