THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    What Scopes Are people using on there 22/250's ?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Scopes Are people using on there 22/250's ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
On the vssf I used to own I had a leupold 6.5-20x40................was happy with that, I have aquired another and thinking of either a zeiss conquest 4-12x56 or the Zeiss 6.5-20x50.

Gun is a sako 75 Varmint, it will see a reasonable amount of spotlighting etc.

Couple of mates telling me I will regret only having 12 at the top end.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 12FVSS260
posted Hide Post
I would lean towards the 4.5x14x44 or 50mm objective. I'm using one on a 22-250 varmint gun and find it to be a nice addition.

Dave

If Accurate Rifles are Interesting.........I've Got Some Savage Rifles That Are Getting Mighty Interesting.....

Posts: 257 | Location: Central Maine | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two leupolds

on my heavy barrel varminter, 6-18
on my coyote caller 4-12

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Browning 1885 single shot 22-250 mounts a Bausch & Lomb Balvar 6x24 scope. Not produced anymore, but top of the line 20 years ago.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a savage mod 12 22-250
richards microfit thumbhole wildcat laminated stock
swift premier 8x32x50A0 W/SPEED FOCUS

hornady 50grn v-max its under 1/2in at 100yds.

Posts: 181 | Location: virginia,usa | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
I have a Rem 700 VLS and have the Burris Black Diamond 4x16x50 on it.

The Ballistic Mil Dot scope is made for the 22-250 shooting the 55 gr bullet at 3640 fps. It is a big scope but looks OK on the varmint guns. It is bright and clear.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is a sporter weight (as opposed to heavy varmint) rifle and wears a Leupold VariX-III 4.5 - 14 x 40. Works fine for any shot I can make.

Posts: 662 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
My 22-250 is a predator calling rifle. I just replaced the scope on it with a new Nikon Monarch 3-12x42.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My "walking varminters" carry Swaro 2.5-10X42 and 4-12's. My prairie dog guns sport Zeiss 6.5-20X50's, and that is a really nice piece of glass, way better (brighter, clearer) than the same Leupold tactical 30mm when compared side by side, same money, and repeatable adjustments. I also like the side-mounted adjustable parallax control rather than the AO on the Swaro.

Posts: 200 | Location: Garner, TX | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods:

The Ballistic Mil Dot scope is made for the 22-250 shooting the 55 gr bullet at 3640 fps. It is a big scope but looks OK on the varmint guns. It is bright and clear.

All Right!! Finally, a fellow Burris man!! thumb

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Mine is wearing a Nikon 6-18x40

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike_elmer:
quote:
Originally posted by woods:

All Right!! Finally, a fellow Burris man!! thumb

Hey mike

I like that scope because of the reticle that is specifically made for the 22-250 but it is not as clear as the Conquests. I have a 4.5x14x44 Conquest and it gathers as much light as the 50mm Burris and it is much much clearer. It costs just a little less than the Burris.

Burris does not make bad optics, better than Leupold but not as good as Nikon, but way behind Kahles and Zeiss.

Sorry to disappoint you. Big Grin

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a older Rem 700 Varmint Special in 22-250 with an 8-32x50 BSA Contender. I cannot complain about this cheap scope. The rifle shoots about 3/8" groups & both the rifle & scope have survived two trips to Wyoming.
I am considering replacing it with a Burris Signature Select though. I have a Burris spotting scope & a FFII 6.5-20x50 on another varmint rifle that have I have been impressed with.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Burris 6 X with factory turrets, I have not liked Burris in the past(Bad Customer Service) but this model is a nice scope.

kk alaska

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
My 222 has a Hakko (the Nightforce maker) in a 30mm 8x32x56. It looks like the Hovel telescope and insn't worth the drama.

I would probably go 8-32 on a smaller scale or 6-24.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Currently, I have a straight 6x on my 22-250 for use a calling rifle for Coyotes.

Don