Find
Notify
Tools

Cabelas scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted
Does anyone know who makes the cabelas line of scopes?

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
I believe it is Light Optical but I have heard that Hakko builds some for them as well.

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Hakko once made their higher-priced scopes though I am not certain if that is still true today.

Cabela's has a generous return policy on their scopes. But, in lieu of saying "caveat emptor," I'll just say that the return policy appears to get used quite a bit... Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9403 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just sent back a Pine Ridge 17HMR tactical scope.
I was expecting OK and it was just bad.
No qualms on refund, though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to know who makes their Alaskan guide scopes.

I have one of their 6.5-20x44 on my R700 in 223 and love it.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one of the cheapo 3x9 pineridge tacticals on a Stevens 223. 60gr. marked turret installed. My reloads of 60gr. Sierra's over RL10x.

I bought mine after talking to a fella and looking through his 3x9 pineridge big game model he had on a 30-06 ADL.

It's been spot on as far out as 300 yds. on paper. That's as far as I've shot the setup.

Click's seem mushy but it has returned to zero and good repeatability so far. The glass is'nt bad either, side by side compared to a newer Weaver V series 3x9 early morning before sunrise I could'nt see a difference.

Mine came with a bag full of turrets for 204,223,22-250 for 2-3 bullet weights each caliber.
The turret knobs are attached by a center screw on splined shaft, nicer than 3 set screws through the sides.

I believe the low power pineridge are better than the higher power side focus models. Seems there are some bad reviews on there optical quality.

I'm gonna get a couple more of the 3x9 tactical models for some AR15's

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a really nice rifle, and the guy had put a Pine Ridge scope on it.

The rifle did not shoot at the range and the guy sold it to me for a song.

I got the rifle, took off the offending scope, threw it on my scope bone pile, and have been happy with the rifle ever since.

I would not even think of taking that scope to the range.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't speak about the Pine Ridge line but, like allen DG, the Alaskan Guide series has me smiling. Owning a few scopes that cost at least twice what the Alaskan Guides do, I've found the cabela's to be every bit as good, and in some areas much better than the "name" brands.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote