New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schmidt & Bender Illuminated Scope
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My hunting friend won a S&B 3x12x50 with the illuminated retical. What a scope! He really has no use for a scope of this value. What would the market value be for a scope like this. He is a hunter with two boys coming up so someone could probably get this scope VERY cheap!! None of the local shops carry this product. Any info would be appreciated....

Posts: 258 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim50
Go to www.eurooptic.com, click on products, click on SB scopes..See if Alex has a price on it.. If not call him he'll be honest..From his point of view..It would give you a start.
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two grand retail, US dollars.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW $2000????? He is only looking to get $1200 and he is open to trades. I'll have to post this in the Classifieds!!!...Thanks guys!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Was the scope made in Germany or Hungary?

Posts: 202 | Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA | Registered: 18 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Germany. Is ther a difference??...Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
I have that exact scope on my Sauer 270 with an L7 reticule. It is brilliant scope. I bought mine of a display clearout last December in Scotland. If I told you what I paid for it you would say I stole it.

S&B variables are made in Germany. The Hungarian scopes are fixed power only. Best value for money in the scope world is the Hungarian 6x42.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Claret Dabbler
If we had a Fly Fishing Forum..I'd ask you what that Fly Pattern means to You..
Hey, maybe we could start New Forum..
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Claret_Dabbler:
I have that exact scope on my Sauer 270 with an L7 reticule. It is brilliant scope. I bought mine of a display clearout last December in Scotland. If I told you what I paid for it you would say I stole it.

S&B variables are made in Germany. The Hungarian scopes are fixed power only. Best value for money in the scope world is the Hungarian 6x42.

I too had a S&B 3-12x42mm w/ a L7 reticle.
EXCELLENT scope!!!

Wish I had it back. I paid $900 for it used about 4 years ago.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
AK, that fly, funnily enough, is a Claret Dabbler. A great fish killer in Irish loughs (lakes).

I just got my first digital camera and was playing with the macro function. Obviously haven't mastered it yet. That one is tied on a size 12 wet fly hook.

By the way, I paid £650 for the scope which is roughly $1,000. I couldn't get the Visa out of the wallet fast enough.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote