THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are the scopes with longer eye relief?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are the days of the old Weaver K2.5 and Lyman Alaskan, with their nice long eye relief gone forever? Hard to find one much over 4" anymore. Or am i looking in the wrong place?

Posts: 101 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 11 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Bausch & Lomb 4X that has the deepest., blackest gloss I've ever seen. The eye relief looks to be almost 5". $110 shipped Priority Mail.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few Hawke scopes have extended ER

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3699 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does Leupold not make the FX-2 2.5X anymore?

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I've got a 1947 Weaver K2.5, HighWall, and you are right, the eyebox is as flexible as a 1960s Nickel or Zeiss, with field blending to match.

The 4x B&L Biebs has must be a different generation to the alloy one I've got. The eye-relief flexibility on mine is OK but not a spot on the Balvar 5, which is phenominal.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Generally speaking, in any given power range, Leupold scopes have about the longest and most forgiving available.

Posts: 664 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Of the few modern scopes I've looked at, SB, I tend to agree with you.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both Swarovski and Nickel make “EE” extended eye relief scopes, but expensive. http://www.nickel-ag.com/en/pr...ts/scopes/15630.aspx

Posts: 985 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:
Both Swarovski and Nickel make “EE” extended eye relief scopes, but expensive. http://www.nickel-ag.com/en/pr...ts/scopes/15630.aspx

I thought I saw in another thread that the EE model has been discontinued? It is no longer on the webpage https://aa.swarovskioptik.com/...-6x24-l-4-i-p5006196

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Looking at that Nickel AG spiel, I noticed their claim of a special arrangement of the reticle adjustment.

The old Nickel Marburg scopes usually had an even better one - they had the windage turret on the left side of the scope.

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
The Leica scopes, at least the ER series that I have offer just over 4” of eye relief.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man I hope they make the 1-8 swaro with an EE model or I’ll have to scour eBay

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote