New
Find
Notify
Tools

pentax gameseeker 4-16x50?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anyone own this scope? if so how do you like it? The one thing that is really steering me away is that I don't see a parallax adjustment on it!! 16 power scope I thought that was a standard. I am looking to put this on an inexpensive handi single shot but I want decent optics. what do ya think?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have sold all we can get on this scope and the buyers seem very happy with the quality, and for sure the price.
Here is some info on it...

Pentax 4-16x50 Gameseeker Waterproof and Fogproof Riflescope (4.6-1.2° Angle of View) with Precision Plex Reticle (Matte)

Pentax is a world leader in the development, design and distribution of superb state of the art imaging and optical systems. Their world class, easy to mount riflescopes feature waterproof construction, precision ground lenses, super-hard scratch resistant finishes, and a state of the art precision adjustment assembly. The superb construction of their scopes is built into a waterproof housing, machined from a single tube of aircraft quality aluminum. A Pentax scope is rugged, durable and ready to deal with the most demanding outdoor conditions. They are designed, built and engineered from the ground up from advice, suggestions, and recommendations from actual hunters and shooters. Owning a Pentax riflescope means you've invested in a high performance, state of the art optic that is sure to enhance your outdoor experience.

The Pentax Gameseeker 4-16x50 Riflescope is accurate, rugged, and conservatively priced. The main tube features one-piece construction for rugged dependability, and it is nitrogen purged for clear viewing at all times. A bright and sharp sight picture that even a seasoned hunter can appreciate is made possible by Pentax's legendary multicoating on precision ground all glass lenses. Shot to shot accuracy is possible, thanks to the fine tuned precision adjustments that offer 0.25 MOA windage and elevation control. The 4-16x magnification is an excellent choice for hunters who need higher magnification for longer range targeting. Twilight is no problem for this scope, the large 50mm objective will pull in all the light you need to see clearly. Finally, there's the Precision Plex reticle. This reticle makes swift and deadly sight acquisition a snap. The thin posts and crosshairs obscure very little and the bullet drop compensation feature allows for accurate targeting at longer distances.

Key Features
• PentaBright Technology:
Pentax's legendary multicoated optics deliver a clear, sharp and bright sight picture.
• Waterproof and Fogproof:
Nitrogen purged design provides a clear line of sight, in any weather or change in climate.
• Precision Plex Reticle with Bullet Drop Compensation

The rugged design of this reticle guards against heavy recoil, ensuring shot to shot accuracy. It features four thin posts with fine cross hairs with bullet drop compensation clearly marked. A chart that details the bullet drop of various calibers is included in the instruction manual.

Specs:

Magnification: 4-16x
Objective Diameter: 50mm
Angle of View: 4.6-1.2°
Field-of-View (@ 1000 Yds): 4x 240' (80 m at 1000 m)
16x 62' (21 m at 1000 m)
Exit Pupil Diameter: 4x 10.0 mm
16x 2.76 mm
Eye Relief: 3.0"
Impact Point Correction per Click 1/4 MOA
Maximum Elevation/Windage Adjustment 50.0" at 100 Yd
Weatherproofing: Waterproof & fogproof
Dimensions: 13.9" (353 mm) in length
Weight: 1.16 lb (533 g)

If there is anything I can answer for you please feel free to contact me.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3702 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote