New
Find
Notify
Tools

adjustments on German scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a German scope mounted in Eagle Claw mounts.The windage adjustment is in the rear mount for height it has a small turret on top marked with an H & a T also has two screws by the turret one in front and one in back.Can anyone tell me if i have to loosen those two screws to adjust elevation? And what do the H & the T stand for? Thank You for any help. Dan

Posts: 201 | Location: Mackenzie BC | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you asked that. Several years ago I had a Mannlicher/Shouenauer model 1908 with that same claw mount arrangement. Fortunately for me, the rifle was dead on but I also was curious about adjustment for elevation. Still, am actually.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might post here you will likely get an answer
Jim
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you Jim

Posts: 201 | Location: Mackenzie BC | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, H means High (Hoch), T means Low (tief),
The two little screws on each end of your elevation turret are there to hold the turret on, on all the old German scopes I have. If you remove them, your turret will fall off.
As for "other" web sites, I find none of them as good as AR.

Posts: 17281 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
T moves impact to the toes. H to the head... And my S&Bs are clockwise higher and anti clockwise lower!

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification on that dpcd. I agree with your "site" comment as well.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Ok, H means High (Hoch), T means Low (tief),
The two little screws on each end of your elevation turret are there to hold the turret on, on all the old German scopes I have. If you remove them, your turret will fall off.
As for "other" web sites, I find none of them as good as AR.

Sehr gut!

What brand is your scope, gunbug? Having to do your windage in the mounts might seem primitive but means the reticle adjustment can be much stronger than when you have a spring, or even two, working against 'doppel' turret screws. I cut up an old Nickel Supra scope that had just one turret and found the reticle moved up and down in a finely fitted dovetail behind a formidably secured sleeve. Nothing made today is likely to have the strength of that set-up.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi I dont know the make I was told it was made by S&B for Kettner in Germany

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
That makes sense, gunbug. S&B seem to have supplied several seller's-own-brand scopes, including Geco and Frankonia's.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Recent scopes for Kettner and Frankonia were made by Docter.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9407 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote