Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski EL vs new Zeiss Victory HT
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
I bought a pair of 10x42 ELs tonight. Now I'm wondering if the new Victory HTs might have been a better choice. My biggest priority is clarity at range versus low light performance.

Thoughts?

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Stick with the Swaro!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Take the Swarovski - you won´t regret it as it has the crisp clearest Image of all!

But if You want an optics for low-light abilities, You should have better choosen the EL 8,5x42 or the 10x50 as they have a bigger Exit pupill (meassurement for low-light Performance) then the 10x42

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You wouldn't be disappointed with either. You have the Els in hand. Enjoy them and don't look back. You can make yourself crazy that way.

Jerry Liles

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks. The way I thought about it was if I had the EL's already, would I have bought the Victorys? The answer is no. I plan to keep the EL's until whoever gives out first - them or me Smiler

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
If your gonna spend that much for the swaro EL's you might as well just go ahead and pull the trigger and bought the EL Range, I saw them at the AK sports show and they are worth the money and weight savings IMO.

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I looked at the EL Range, but wanted to stay with a straight bino. Might get a Leica range finder. The Leupold one I have sucks.