THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Please confirm - Ruger 30mm rings for a SS GSR

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please confirm - Ruger 30mm rings for a SS GSR
 Login/Join

posted
Ruger's ring finder does not list the Scout. I e-mailed Ruger CS on Friday, but they haven't gotten back to me yet (understandable, as there is a time zone difference and an intervening weekend).

I want to mount a Zeiss ZA 1.5x-6x 42mm scope on my stainless steel GSR. The rifle came with a #4 ring and a #5 ring; as the Scout is a Hawkeye variant, I presume I need the 4K30 and 5K30.

Is that correct?

For those who may have selected another company's rings, which did you choose?

thanks,
mbogo

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe you are correct. My Ruger's use Leupold rings.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Alright, I've determined that the rings I want are the 5K30HM (front) and 6K30HM (rear). These will allow me to mount the Zeiss so it will clear the rail.

I ordered a 6KHM as well, so I can mount a 1" higher-magnification scope (in conjunction with the 5KHM that came with the GSR) for load development and longer-range shooting.

FYI, the HM is for 'Hawkeye matte', and will match the finish on my stainless steel GSR.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote