New
Find
Notify
Tools

pentax dcf sp
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know if the pentax DCF SP line has always been "ED" glass? I am wondering as there are deals on ebay at much cheaper prices than other optic websites and I am thinking older models did not have ED?

Posts: 129 | Location: Darrington Washington | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob,

I have a pair of the DCF SP's in 10x43 and don't believe they have the ED glass. The are certainly not marked as such although they are marked as having "phase coating".

Have used mine for a couple years and think they are quite outstanding especially for the price.

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Pentax DCF SP has not changed since it has been introduced. Beware of those lower priced EBay "Deals" from places like Hot Buys and the like. They are not authorized dealers and you could be giving up the Pentax Lifetime No Fault Warranty in order to save a couple of bucks now.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3699 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I don't think they have the ED glass.

I do believe they are darn fine bins though. I have been using a pair for a cpl yrs now with no complaints. FOV might be the only place they're lacking, but this isn't as big of a deal with bins to me as with scopes.

Posts: 173 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote