Find
Notify
Tools

What 30mm QD rings for the Ruger RSM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted
Have a Ruger RSM and a good 30mm scope to mount. What QD rings are recommended.

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Talley!

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 Talley!

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the input, but Talley does not make rings for Ruger 77's in any flavor, just the 10-22. Given this what would be the next choice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
-1 for Talley....Ha Ha.

hairbol,

That's a surprise. I have always used Ruger rings with my M77's and No.1's so I never verified Talley. Always heard Talley & Ruger, but now we know. I guess something in the Ruger casting design makes maching difficult. I believe Ruger casts the rings with the receiver which may expalin why they are so well aligned.

My next recommendation is Warne Scope Mounts 1-800-683-5590: http://web.mac.com/warnemounts/iWeb/Warne%20Scope%20Mou...20Scope%20Rings.html

I checked Warne's site before this post. I used Warne on rifles in the past (FN .458 Win) with satisfaction.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hairbol:
Have a Ruger RSM and a good 30mm scope to mount. What QD rings are recommended.

I used a set of Leupold 30mm ringmounts on an RSM for several years. It required an offset front ringmount to fit the scope ring spacing. The rings were checked for square fit to the RSM bridges and were lapped. Mine was repeatable. I had the scope on and off many dozens of times and often several times on the same hunting trip. Never a problem and the low profile of the mounts do not snag.

GVA

posted Hide Post
hairbol,

Apparently at least one company used to make levers that converted the standard Ruger rings into QD format.

Only ever seen them mentioned on AR so can't comment how well the system would work..I suspose you could try removing/replacing the standard rings to see if there is much change in zero...if not, it might be worth trying to track down a set of levers..

(Edit) I just did a quick search on previous posts and the company concerned:

Falcon Industries
P.O. Box 1060
Tijeras, N.M. 87059
(877) 281-3783

Apparently they were $42 per set in 2001...No idea if the company is still in business..

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talley never did make rings of any configuration for Rugers.
I have a set of 1" Warne QD's for a Ruger, but can't get them now. They never made any 30mm QD's, only 30mm conventional rings. Warne is out of the Ruger ring business.
I know of no maker selling 30mm QD's for Rugers.
Leupold makes conventional 30mm Rings for Rugers.

Don