Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver Classic V rifle scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Does anyone have any recent experience with this rifle scope?
I am putting a rifle together and after seeing this scope in matte finish I think it would look great on this rifle. The specific scope in question is a Matte finish 2-7x32mm Weaver Classic V.
Does anyone know about clarity, light gathering etc.
Thanks

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
I used to own a Weaver V10 2-10x38mm scope. After suffering through it for a couple of years I don't anymore.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it seems to the opion of lots of guys that they are a good mid grade scope as long as you don't have trouble with them, but that if you do - whoa - meade evidently doesn't believe in customer service

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snellstrom, I have had and still have some V-series scopes, but not the one you mentioned. I did have the 2-7 rimfire version and it was real clear. I got rid of it to go to an adjustable objective weaver. I have had the 3-9 classic, it was a real decent scope for the price. It survived a couple thousand rounds of .270 and about 600 rounds of .375 H&H.

Weaver service has been spotty lately but I did send a Grand Slam in for repair that was crushed from a fall and it was replaced with a new one. That took about 6 weeks.

I do prefer the grand slams to the classics and think they are the best buy going right now.

Posts: 165 | Location: PA | Registered: 22 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one of the Weaver 2-7 Rimfire scopes on a Rem 510 and love it. Also have litter of Weaver V-16's too. They are a best buy; a very well made scope. Have no exerience with other Classic models however.

Don