New
Find
Notify
Tools

IOR VALDADA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm planning to buy a IOR VALDADA 6x24x50, 35 mm tube and illuminated recticle. Does anyone have any experience or comments regarding this manufacturer and the accuracy and quality?

One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
http://www.opticstalk.com/default.asp

Check here.
Guy by the handle of "koshkin" is a big fan of IORs and can help you out.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a fixed 6x42 that was a pretty nice scope for the money.

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rsm458Lott:
I had a fixed 6x42 that was a pretty nice scope for the money.

I've had 2.

Customer service is "reported" to be better now as well.
After personally dealing with Val a few years ago, it could only get better.

Smiler

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have owned the exact IOR scope you're considering for about a year. I absolutely couldn't be happier with the scope. VERY good glass, accurate tracking, and MP8 reticle. They could charge over $1,500 and it would be worth it.

I have dealt with IOR customer service one time and they took very good care of me. All my phone calls either got through right away or they were returned within an hour or two. They (Val and Scott) were very courteous and professional. I would without hesitation recommend IOR scopes. I feel that they honestly want to take care of their customers.

Posts: 20 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 22 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the phone number for Val at Valdada?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What scope mount would you recommend a Valdada 6x24x50 mounted on a 300 Win Mag

one of us
posted Hide Post
ceylonc was refering to Scott Berish, Owner Liberty Optics LLC. He'll get you a better deal and help with customer service, should you need it, better than buying/dealing directly with Val. His info:

Phone: 352-572-1469 (leave message if I don't answer, I'll holler back)
Home: 352-401-9296 (6:00 - 9:00 p.m. EST only, please.)
Email: LibertyOptics@aol.com

I'm picking up my 3rd IOR here soon, that should tell you I think pretty highly of them. How big is your 300 and what do you use it for? If it's a carry rifle you hunt with you might consider the 3-18 if you haven't given it some thought already. It's lighter and much more compact (it's even smaller than my 2.5-10!) than either the 4-14 or 6-24.

As for mounts, they should come with rings so you're covered there. Just get a nice Picatinny base--you'll want at least a 20 MOA and possibly a 30 MOA depending upon how far you want to shoot with the 6-24.

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote