Find
Notify
Tools

anyone using range-finding scopes?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I did a search and didn't get anything.

I see Burris and Bushnell offer scopes with rangefinders in them; other than a couple magazine articles, I haven't heard much else about them, but I'm interested.

anyone have one on a rifle?

thanks.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the same opinion of rangefinding scopes that I have of scopes that double as cameras. Like I told the kid at the cell phone store, I already have a computer, a camera, a walkie-talkie, and a GPS: ALL I WANT IS A FRIGGIN' PHONE!

When your equipment tries to do too many peripheral functions, it's primary function is often compromised.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
When your equipment tries to do too many peripheral functions, it's primary function is often compromised.

Very well said..............................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
That, and they've got to be the most gawd awful ugly things I've ever seen put on top of a rifle. I just don't get why people can't 'range' targets the old fashioned way.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted Hide Post
When your equipment tries to do too many peripheral functions, it's primary function is often compromised.[/QUOTE]

Very well said..............................DJ[/QUOTE]

This we said years ago before cell phones, laptops etc. I personally think it's a step in the right direction as far as technology goes. Try one, it's not all that bad and less weight to carry than Scoped rifle and range finder. Further you get a range reading while you are on target - pretty handy when your target likes to run off at any excuse! I'm very impressed with my Bushnell Yardage Pro, got it on a .338wmag

Cheers
Johan

Posts: 160 | Location: Johannesburg- South Africa | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for all responses.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote