Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted
thinking about the detachable rings for a cz 550 safari in .375
suggestions good,bad, or otherwise
thanks
matt

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt, I've used the Warnes quite a bit, I like them fine, but prefer other rings. The new Warne products are sintered metal, which is OK, but I prefer machined steel products. If you have a can find bases for your CZ, I would try Talley's or even one of the 'Tactical' rings that work on Weaver/Picatinny style bases, like the Burris Tactical or even Burris Zee style classic rings, they work great.

The best ring for typical applications IMO, is Talley. Check and see if they offer a base for your CZ, I think they do, and give them a try--great stuff in detachable, fixed and 'screw-detachable' styles.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

Talley's rule!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt,

Talley has a QD ring specifically for the CZ550 - no need for bases as they attach directly to the reciever. I have a set on my CZ550 in 9.3x62 and they have been perfect. Good quality and very good feedback from many users here on AR.

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
thanks for the help guys.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
I have 2 sets of their QD rings and bases and they have performed flawlessly. One of the sets is on my 338-378 Wby which has a bit of recoil Wink and have had no issues of any kind. Always returns to zero and have never had the scope drift or slip what so ever.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
Matt, I've used the Warnes quite a bit, I like them fine, but prefer other rings. The new Warne products are sintered metal, which is OK, but I prefer machined steel products. If you have a can find bases for your CZ, I would try Talley's or even one of the 'Tactical' rings that work on Weaver/Picatinny style bases, like the Burris Tactical or even Burris Zee style classic rings, they work great.

The best ring for typical applications IMO, is Talley. Check and see if they offer a base for your CZ, I think they do, and give them a try--great stuff in detachable, fixed and 'screw-detachable' styles.
I had one pair of Warne Rings on my 454 casull Encore 15" pistol that kept shooting loose,took them off and went to steel Redfield rings and bases that I've used on my all of my rifles w/o any problems.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like Warne products. The Warne QR rings are, IMO, better than the Leupold QRWs and much, much, much better than then Leupold QRs. I probably have 25+/- rifles mounted with either the fixed or QR Warne rings and am happy with their performance.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the warne QR rings in 30 MM on a ruger 375 and have been very pleased. They hold zero and are very easy to detach/remount.

Good luck.

Posts: 228 | Location: Huson Montana | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+1

Got the Warne QD rings on my BRNO 375HH - 1" tube scopes. No slipping problems and return to zero.

Same applies for my '06 - happy with their performance and price.

Rgds Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Warne's on a Steyr Mannlicher .243 and like them a lot. The Talley's are my favorites by far over everything else though.