New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikon Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Always a Leupold man I noted today that Natchez has the Nikon 3-9X Monarch with BDC reticle for $200. Having not tried a BDC scope I am kicking around grabbing one. Views and experience?

Posts: 1575 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Posts: 304 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The BDC is something you have to try, some lovem, some hatem. You will be happy with the glass on the Nikon if you like the Leupold. I have had trouble with the adjustments on a couple of the Phillipenes made Monarch not moving without a shot to set the erector, but they seem to hold zero and are quite clear. I currently have Leupold, Zeiss, and Nikon scopes and am equally happy with all three, but will admit all of my current Nikons are Jap made.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
I love the clarity of Nikons, and have owned several. I was going to pick up the primos (which I believe is the BDC), but the eye relief was to small for my liking. I would visit a sporting goods store and look through one before spending your money.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll like the clarity and brightness of the Nikon. I think it's better than comparable leupolds. I've been using Nikons for 11 years now and have never had a problem. The monarch ucc in 3x9x40 is a new version of an old model. It's a limited run for 2010. It's been updated to the quality of the regular monarch line.

Mike

Posts: 72 | Location: grand rapids michigan usa | Registered: 28 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought one of these about 2 weeks ago. Havn't had a chance to mount it yet. The BDC does sound interesting.

Posts: 72 | Location: grand rapids michigan usa | Registered: 28 March 2009Reply With Quote