New
Find
Notify
Tools

took the zeiss plunge...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well....I did it. I ordered a zeiss conquest 4x32 from doug at camera land...

This scope is my first foray into higher quality optics...I will be very interested to see if I can detect discernible differences in clarity, brightness etc from my other "cheaper" scopes...

Plan on putting the zeiss on a 338-06 I have in the works...

I am very excited to try both new rifle and scope. Hope it works out...

Cheers.

Posts: 228 | Location: Huson Montana | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice. You won't be sorry. For the money you can't do better. Many will argue that Kahles is better, and I won't disagree, but for the $$$, the Conquest is exceptional and an exceptional value. You will likely have more.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your purchase!!!

I own 7 Conquests and one Kahles, and I do like the Kahles slightly better.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New to the forum but been around the block....
Ok if I disagree about "you can't do better"
I have checked out (not just in the store)Zeiss, Kahles, Swarov and still didn't find them better than IOR Valdata... I have a 9x36 56 with external adjustment knobs and the clarity and light gathering is outstanding.extremely rugged and the price is very reasonable .... more than...

faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more rifles

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that people buy high dollar optics without seeing how they fit on the intended rifle first.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikelravy:
I'm surprised that people buy high dollar optics without seeing how they fit on the intended rifle first.

Thats why they make differnt height rings and adjustable bases. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A fixed 4 is a good choice.You will be happy with it!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's hard to fully appreciate the value of top end optics until you have used them. I bought myself a Zeiss Victory binocular several years ago and couldn't believe how much I had been missing without it.

Same thing goes for scopes. It's so nice to have complete confidence not only in the optics, but to know that you don't have to worry about your scope losing it's zero or fogging up at the moment of truth. Over the last couple of years I've convinced a couple of my buddies to ditch their Wal-Mart specials and both have bought Conquests and couldn't be happier...They're now telling their friends.

Over the last decade I've been fortunate enough to shoot and hunt with scopes from Nikon, Burris, Leupold, Zeiss, Swarovski, and Schmidt and Bender. And although that represents a wide range of price points, they all have one thing in common, they all represent a good value for the money spent. Quality optics are as addictive as quality rifles, and once you've tried 'em you can't go back Cool

Posts: 373 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: 31 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you wont regret your choice, optically they are better than the 4x leupold, i can pick the diffrence in broad day light, the zeiss is just sharper crisper than the 4x leupold
Daniel

Posts: 1480 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are welcome to disagree. That's encouraged (and expected) around here. Just do it accurately.

I didn't say only what you are quoting. I said FOR THE MONEY, you can't do better. I certainly agree that Swaro is better. Mine is clearly better than my Conquest, but it cost three times as much!!! My point was that Conquests are great scopes and represent about the best value around in scopes.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big johnson:

Like LWD said, we don't mind at all, as long as you are stating your experiences and have tried the others, even if only in the store.

Only thing is it's a long way from a 4x32 scope to a 9x36x56 scope (that must be a monster! shocker). I've heard good things about IOR.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the encouraging words....scope is due at the Post Office this afternoon and rifle is supposed to be finished this week...

Off to the range this weekend if it all works out.

Cheers!

Posts: 228 | Location: Huson Montana | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With Quote