New
Find
Notify
Tools

Optolyth
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Was offered a couple of Optolyth Binoculars in 56mm....thinking about buying them...optics seem great...anyone have these...any issues?

Thanks

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So I bought one of these in 9x63 ....great optics, especially in low light...would have to put the quality on par with Zeiss....really light considering the size...best binocs I've ever bought.

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Have had a pair of 10x42 rubber armoured Optolyth Alpins for nearly 30 years. Used in Alps, wet weather, snow and dust. Never a problem and good optics. Nice and light too.

Posts: 3880 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Optolyth is a small Optics company in Baden-Wurttemburg that makes excellent value optics.

Their Royal series (8x56's & 9x63) are a superb value Teutonic "night" glass; the Alpin series a superb lightweight glass.

I've a 8x56 Royal that has afforded me superior service; and that as you say on par w/Zeiss (I've got both so I can compare).

Like eagle; I also have their Alpin series 7x42's which are a beautifully made, extremely light bino that is not only a joy to carry afield but afford a good view when you use them, too.

They stand by their 30 year guarantee. My Buddy (we bought the 8x56's together); dropped them out of a High Seat and destroyed the frame. Replaced, free of charge, no questions asked.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote