THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Quick Release Mounts for CZ 550 and 56mm scope lens

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick Release Mounts for CZ 550 and 56mm scope lens
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys,
this is my second post.. and I must say , you guys rock !! I love this forum

I live in Spain and I own a couple CZ's 550
for one of those (cal. 7mm ) I have a Zeiss scope (3x12x56) but i'm not overly impressed by the mounts I had to use.

First I had(the store who sold it) to install a base on the front dovetail(drill holes etc.) and then attach some pivot rings to the scope.
It does work.. but there are two many pieces involved, screws, etc.

1 - I've heard good things about the Ware mounts (not sure where to buy in Europe but anyway) has anyone tried to used these with a 56mm scope ?

2 - being quick release, how will the mounts be prevented from sliding back on the dovetail ? will they use the "hole" I see on the back dovetail on the CZ ?

thank you very much

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a set of medium height on a 550 with a 40mm scope. You would probably require HIGH rings with a 56mm obj. lens. It may still be close, they are .535 inches high. That's 13.589mm. Compare that measurement with what you are using and that should tell you whether they will work or not.

The rear ring has a lug on it that fits into the recess milled into the left rear bridge. That helps it return to zero, and prevents the ring from moving during recoil. I have had mine off and back on several times and never had to re-zero the scope, so they really do work as advertised.

You can probably buy them direct from Warne. I called them and bought direct, but that was three years ago.

Check here.

Warne

Posts: 220 | Location: SW Missouri USA | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote