Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Sightron
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted
I need to get another scope for one of my rifles and as I've been looking around I see Sightrons here and there. I've never actually used one but don't know anyone who has either. Are they a decent scope manufacturer? I'm looking in the 2-7 or 3-9 power range .

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend Russ Chastain who's the moderator of the About Shooting & Hunting Forum who bought one to try it out and after hunting in the rain in Georgia he bought another after I noticed a midway sale on them .Based on his success I bought an S1 from midway and am waiting for a barrel to mount it.

One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
I like the SII's.
Very nice scope for the money.

The SIII's are a little pricey.
Not that their not a good scope, but for the kind of money they want for them, I'd get something else probably.

cheaptrick.....out.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I can surely second cheaptrick's comments on the sII's. I have a handful of them on varmint rigs and have been very pleased with all of them. One of the better bargains on the price vs optics/funtion front debate in the riflescope world IMHO. Cannot speak to the SI's, and like cheaptrick, I would buy a higher euro scope for the prices they are getting for the SIII's.

One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:
I can surely second cheaptrick's comments on the sII's. I have a handful of them on varmint rigs and have been very pleased with all of them. One of the better bargains on the price vs optics/funtion front debate in the riflescope world IMHO. Cannot speak to the SI's, and like cheaptrick, I would buy a higher euro scope for the prices they are getting for the SIII's.

Well, I'm glad someone agrees with me. Smiler

The SI's are just sort of marginal too me.
I would probably go with a Nikon Buckmaster or Burris FFII instead.

The real value with Sightrons lie within the SII line.

Regards.
Welcome to AR, Snoogans.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a S1 and a S2, I would buy another S2, but in the S1 price range I think you can find a better value.

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote