Find
Notify
Tools

Testing the ultra-compacts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Tonight I will do some side-by-side testing of the Leica Ultravid 10 X 25 versus the Steiner Rocky 8 X 24. The goal is to get my wife to agree that the Leica's are a much better binocular. We're going to the Opera to see Madame Butterfly.

I knew the Leicas would come in handy.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The Leicas are better, but a little harder to hold steady at 10X. They haven't yet invented the machine that can measure my wife's indifference to binocular optical performance.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
was it the 10x power or the opera that made the image jiggle??

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
was it the 10x power or the opera that made the image jiggle??

I was a little overcome emotionally speaking of course, but the shake in my hands is probably due to too many years of Jack Daniels.