New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handgun Scope Eye Relief
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OK. I resolved my issue. Some of these 33mm scopes were not handgun scopes.

I'm looking for a 4x handgun scope and figure the eye relief should be a minimum of 9". Any thoughts? Parrallax can be sdjust by the factory, but this isn't for shooting flies, just need to be minute-of-squirrel.

Looking for recommendations on a 4x handgun scope. thanks

posted Hide Post
Leupold 4xEER, Burris 2.5x-7xEER.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
I have the Burris multiplex 2-7 on my S&W 500. While the eye relief is pretty decent, I find that I struggle as the power turns up beyond 4 or 5 power. Field of view gets small!

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I took a chance on a used Leupold 4X28. Their 33mm only has 4" ER, but this one is 18". I might have to use my Inspector Gadget arm for this one!

I was hoping the 33mm was the handgun scope, but that's not the case. 33 gives more light than my eye can take in, but for the modest increase in size, I figured what could it hurt?

So, we'll see how the 28mm does. It's going on an Anschutz Exemplar bolt handgun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you may be looking for an "intermediate eye relief", or "scout" scope. The handgun scopes I've used all had eye relief of about arms length. In Leupold's line the scopes are designated as IER instead of EER.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote