New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver grand slam.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looked at a weaver grand slam 3X10 today. Unless somone can tell me a reason not to , I willl likley buy one tommorow. For 275.00, it has awfully good optics. I have 2 FN mausers at 2 different gun smiths, being drilled and tapped. One is a .270 and the other a .257 Roberts. I have long been known as a leupold guy but to put VX3s on these two rifles would run at least 800.00. So witch ever smith finishes first that rifle will likly get the Grand slam .
Its got a 1 PC tube and sure should be able to handle the light recoil of the 270, or the Roberts.
Any of you guys own one ? what do you think ?
thanks...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
Picture of Esldude
posted Hide Post
I haven't used the 3-10x GS. I have a 6.5-20x though which is a seriously good scope. It comes quite close to similar Nikon Monarch's. It is better than VariXIII's.

The W&E adjustments work great too. You won't be disappointed in these.

Posts: 852 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also agree. The Weaver Grand Slam are outstanding scopes. They just do not get the recognition that they deserve. Would not hesitate to recommend one.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
The diameter of the rear ocular is a turnoff as is the minimal eye relief.

Working on my ISIS strategy....FORE

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Esldude:
I haven't used the 3-10x GS. I have a 6.5-20x though which is a seriously good scope. It comes quite close to similar Nikon Monarch's. It is better than VariXIII's.

The W&E adjustments work great too. You won't be disappointed in these.

Ditto what Esldude says! Love the Grand Slams for the outstanding clarity and micro track.

Posts: 165 | Location: PA | Registered: 22 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well,
I bought the 3X10by40 grand slam this morning at sportsmans wharehouse in Salem Oregon. Gotta send away for the free jacket .
I will compare it to some other scopes I have, Monarch 3200 VX 2 and VX 3 and I will post on the results...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I bought one last year, put it on my 270. I used it last antelope season, killed 4 goats with it and a ton of PD's worked great. I forget about the focus on the ocular lens.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote