Find
Notify
Tools

Tru Glo scope
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted
I bought a 6X24 Tru Glo scope for about $65 bucks. The short review is I should have been smarter. It is a piece of crap in most respects. I guess okay for the 22 I have it on but not much else.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigB:
I bought a 6X24 Tru Glo scope for about $65 bucks. The short review is I should have been smarter. It is a piece of crap in most respects. I guess okay for the 22 I have it on but not much else.

BigB

bigb what problems do you have with your scope?
i got one a couple of years ago for the 1022 custom and i love the thing..... nice bright and clear and the crosshairs are fine and resetable..... sounds like you might have gotten the same model as i did and i'd recommend it..................

PRAY FOR OBAMA... PSALMS 109:8

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Trying to adjuat the paralax is very hard to do on mine. So stiff that you cannot look thru the scope and turn. Other than that not very clear and crisp as opposed to better glass.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
oh.. ya mine was really stiff at all the adjustments like that so i took it off the rings and worked them a little while to loosen them up.....

PRAY FOR OBAMA... PSALMS 109:8

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I mounted a couple of Tru Glo 3-9x40 scopes for a guy who wanted the cheapest possible 1" tube 3-9x40s that he could find.

The 1 that I mounted on a Ruger 10/22 shook the reticle loose within 500 rounds. The other is mounted on a Savage 111 in 30-06, don't know how it is doing, but if it was mine I'd replace it with a better scope.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have a couple of the 6x24 TruGlows from Natchez, both on low recoiling centerfire rifles. Have a fair amount of rounds downrange with them. First one was and still is trouble free....Second one I ordered wouldn't hold zero and a call to Natchez a week or so after getting it resulted in my exchangeing it for another. Second one held zero, but almost no feel for clicks on the windage adjustment. LOL, but the windage adjustment does work. As for clarity of lens.....good enough for me and my 100-200 yard target shooting. And yep, the A.O. adjustment was stiff on both.

Posts: 194 | Location: Huffman, Tx | Registered: 30 November 2008Reply With Quote