Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Optics?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I have no knowledge of Vortex Optics and would like to know which of their products you have tried, and your impression. I am thinking of purchasing a Vortex Diamondback 1.75-5x32 for use on a .375 H&H.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 4-16X44 Vortex Viper HS LR that is really good up through 12X but beyond that much magnification it isn't very good. Don't get me wrong I like the scope but for higher magnification Vortex glass just doesn't do as well as other brands for the money. The scope you are considering should be great for what you wnat. BTW, I wouldn't use my Vortex over 12X anyway so I don't want after another scope for my 270.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1190 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
I use Vortex on all my new guns. I used the 4-16x44 Viper HS-LR to shoot an elk in Utah and a whitetail in Montana this year.

I like the clarity but I know they are not a Swarovski but at 1/4th the cost and lifetime warranty, I'll stick with them.

I do have a Viper 2-7 with a dangerous game reticle and Leupold QR rings on it sitting in the safe if you're interested. Used this scope on a 45-70 double rifle to take a couple of deer.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote