THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    OLD B&L SPOTTING SCOPE #2 continued conversation.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OLD B&L SPOTTING SCOPE #2 continued conversation.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As per the request of some Im stating my opinion of the New York Spotting scope I purchased from Dick Wright on AR after some post we exchanged in this forum.

It all started when I requested the need for a spotting scope as my old Tasco crashed..An interesting happening took place right off the bat among a number of helpful emails and PM to me including one fine gentleman that had a 10 year old new Nikon that he had no need for, and he said if it doesn't fit the criteria I asked for which was to be able to see a 22 hole in the black at 100 yards and it didn't do that, so he told me to pass it on to a needy person, and I have done that and a young target shooter and deer hunter is happy as can be.

Then the thread wherein Dick Wright talked about an old B&L spotting scope came about and Our conversations began and Dick educated this old curmudgeon on optics..Dick sent the scope to me to try out and he would hold the check until I made up my mind..My education in Optics suddenly became considerably advanced..I focused it on a tree at 211 yards from my bench rest in my shop..A magpie landed in that tree and I could not only see his eye clearly at the 20X, but I could actually see his or her pupil, needless to say was sold on old B&L and a whole new world of opened up before me..All I can say is thanks Dick everything you said is spot on, and then some..Cash that check and enjoy, that is what Im doing!! dancing clap

Off not is how steady it was, how clear it was all the way out, no shimmer, no fog, just a still clear picture. It will definatly be used to spot and gage Deer and elk this year, and the difference is outstanding over any other optic I have ever used.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote