Find
Notify
Tools

Hey! I WON at Cameraland!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted
Just found out I won the Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8x32 - Dead-Hold BDC Riflescope from the last CameralandNY monthly contest..

I know nothing about the Vortex scopes, I have always been a Zeiss/Leupold guy... so whats the poop on this scope?

Thanks!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I can't help you on the Vortex since I've never owned one, but just wanted to say congratulations on the win. I'm jealous - I never win anything. Smiler

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2307 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Damn I was in for that too, was hoping for success to complement the Diamondback I already have.

I tossed up between another Leupold VX1 which I really like and does everything I need. Only the entry model but when you have an animal in the crosshair who gives a toss about how perfectly clear the perimeter maybe and it is clear enough for me. I decided to go with a 4-12x Diamondback, similar price range to the Leupold. I really do like this scope, has the same lifetime warranty, indistinguishable optics to the Leupold VX1 except I think a little better as the evening draws in and the crosshair stands out better against a dark background, a sort of bronze colouring comes through.

The quick focus is really good as are the adjustments, easy to turn with defined clicks and positive movement making it quick to shoot in on target.

Unless you are a dyed in the wool top model scope man where only the top model will do, I think you will like the Diamondback. I've seen and tried some top dollar optics in scopes and binos but often you are just getting a name and nothing that makes any difference in the field.

PS: mine has the BDC reticule which is nice - update us on how you find your new scope.

Posts: 3861 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote