Notify
Tools

A new reticle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kevin375
posted
Hello everybody.

Has anyone already seen a reticle like this in real ??

It's a new reticle proposed by a French society. Some people try to make believe it's a french product but it's not exactly true. I've heard that those scopes are produced in Asia.

The website http://www.bernard-optic.com/chasse-lunette-6x24.php

To be exact, you have two reticles.

The first one is for people under 50 years old

The second one is for people over 50 years old.

For the director, it really helps the hunter to aim quickly and he designed this reticle for hunters who specialy practice the driven hunt.
For me I prefer something more simple like the Line-dot on my Swarovski Z6.

What do you think about it ?

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I would love to know the logic behind that one - even stranger than a couple Nickel put out 50 years ago, one a pinhead surrounded by a circle and described by a well-known gun scribe as "strictly for the birds".

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that should make hold over really interesting thumbdown

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
For drive hunting, I'll stick to the Swarovski Circle-Dot.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if this scope is drop proof?

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
No scope is drop-proof if you bend it. Even the alloy versions of the old B&L 'Custom' scopes could be gouged by the mounts if hit in the wrong place - and every other type of scope is more vulnerable than they were.

The dearer reticle-movement scopes were pretty tough, though the reticle usually was steadied by a spring; modern, image-movement scopes have a huge erector tube that rocks around every time you fire, in a big-calibre rifle. Bumping and dropping upsets it, too, but in a less-predictable way. I once had a Nikon scope knocked a foot at 100 yards out of whack by a knock that seemed no big deal.

All of that said, I have dropped a rifle with a Leupold VX-1 2-7 three times on shingle slides with no apparent effect.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted Hide Post
Sambar

Sorry it was meant to be a joke. Years ago I met a guy who pissed some French shooters off by asking if their rifles were drop proof, since the French have had a history of always throwing their arms up to surrender, hence dropping their guns on the ground in the process.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kiwiwildcat:
Sambar

Sorry it was meant to be a joke. Years ago I met a guy who pissed some French shooters off by asking if their rifles were drop proof, since the French have had a history of always throwing their arms up to surrender, hence dropping their guns on the ground in the process.

Sorry mate, somehow that particular French connection had passed me by. I guess the answer was obvious - but people do ask questions like that and, IMHO, makers should really make toughness and reliability the absolute top priority.