New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leica Customer Service
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
About 1.5 years back, I picked up a Leica Rangemaster 1200. The optics were great, and I was getting good readings out to 500 or 600 yards. It was work to get readings in the 800 yard range, but if I found a good target, I would get a reading after a few tries. Occasionally I would get readings out to the full 1200 yard range.

I was happy with this.

I talked a couple buddies of mine into getting the same units. I found that they were easily getting readings at 1000 plus yards. So I decided to contact Leica to see what they thought.

I emailed them and they said to send it in with proof of purchase and they would evaluate it. Well, I bought it from Cabelas and was not sure I knew when. I knew I did not have a receipt any longer. I contacted Cabelas, and it took a couple days, but they sent me an invoice for the purchase (10/09).

I sent this and my letter off to Leica's US facility in NJ. I mailed it out around 7/27/11. I got a package slip on 8/6 from UPS stating they had a signature required package for me to pick up. My wife redirected the package to her work address and when I got home today, I had the package in my hands.

I opened it up, and they had sent to me a brand new Rangemaster 1600! I was expecting one of the following to happen (listed in order of likelyhood):
A. Get a repair estimate
B. Get a free repair of my unit
C. Get a refurbished unit

I was in no way expecting to get a brand new unit, and most certainly not expecting it to be the newest model they have on the market! All this doorstep to doorstep across the continent in a week and a half!

Wow! Very pleased with Leica!

Posts: 355 | Location: Sandpoint, ID | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a similar experience concerning a Rangemaster 1200 earlier this year, except mine would not range very well past 250 yards and it had to be a pristine day to even get a reading out around 500 yards. I too sent mine back after speaking with them over the phone. A week and half later they sent me a brand new Rangemaster 1200 that now works extremely well.
On another note, I recently purchased a set of Leica 12X50 BN Trinivids that needed lense covers. I called Leica and spoke to real person (after going thru their computerized department menu) and quickly found out that they had exactly what I wanted - covers for both ends of the binos. Got them in 4 working days.

Great people and great service!

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You sent somethng of value here to NJ and got something of even greater value back! Eeker Just kidding, glad you got treated very, very well.

Posts: 56 | Location: New Jersey/Wyoming | Registered: 24 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndyC148:
You sent somethng of value here to NJ and got something of even greater value back! Eeker Just kidding, glad you got treated very, very well.

I KNOW!! I was Shocked!! I seem to recall that the toll roads are set so that it is free to get into Jersey, but they charge you to get out.

Funny, I always had a really bad image of Jersey. I had a business trip to Paulsboro a couple years back and I had my whole point of view changed. It was really nice. A total switch from what I was expecting to see. It is a well kept secret.

Posts: 355 | Location: Sandpoint, ID | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I broke off a lense cover on my geovid. Gave Leica USA a call and had a no charge replacement in two days! I was amazed! They spent more on the super-speedy shipping than the cost of the cover. Eeker tu2

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote