New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems with Optics Planet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Not really seeking any advice, but I thought I would post a heads up about Optics Planet.

I purchased some tritium night sights for my pistol last week there (via their internet sales).

About 3 or 4 days later I start receiving emails from them....questions about what I will do with the sights, who they are for, etc.

Fine, fine. I understand how the NRC is about tritium, etc.
But the the questions kept coming and coming.
Now I have to fill out a signed questionaire about the purchase (and this was made with my personal credit card and to be shipped to my home address here in Florida).

They are saying it is for confirmation of final use of the "device".

Last thing I buy from Optics Planet!!

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoomRM
posted Hide Post
If the delivery driver shows up with your package in a black suburban while wearing a suit and sunglasses - Don't answer the door.

My .25-06 shoots 1/4" all day long.....

Posts: 82 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Are you sure this isn't standard procedure for this type of purchase? I'm not sure if it is or isn't but if it is, it would be kind of hard to blame Optics Planet for it.

I've seen thier website for years and I'm not sure why but was always leary of them. It just seemed like one of those places that stocks nothing and everything was drop shipped from the vendor. Last month I was in the market for an A2 stock and they were $10 cheaper than anyone else and I wasn't in a big hurry for it. I figured I would give them a try. I got it in 3 days. I was sort of impressed with the fast service.

Like I said, my history with them has been 1 purchase but it went pretty smooth. If I wasn't happy I would just call them and cancel the order.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have bought a lot of stuff from optics planet. Never night sights though. I have bought them from other places and never had any problems. Wonder if there are some new regulations floating around being the new year. Or more than likely there maybe some bullshit regulation on their end as they are in the gun friendly state of Illinois just outside of Chicago.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Tell them to piss off and cancel your order.

You can buy the night sights somewhere else.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tell them to piss off and cancel your order.

You can buy the night sights somewhere else.

my sentiments exactly

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried to buy some cuff keys from them and they wouldn't send them to anyone but military or le. Haven't had that problem with any one else, I think they make up their own rules.
C.G.B.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Another reason to add to the already long list of reasons why Optics Planet sucks.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3103 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
What George said!

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread. I have had very good experiences with opticsplanet. I bought s tritium night sight from them with no problems last year. Wonder what's up?

Posts: 228 | Location: Huson Montana | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought tritium/fibre optics combo pistol sights from Dillon Precision's website and didn't get questioned. And that was only a few years ago; well after 9/11.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've done business a few times with Optics Planet, with no problmes.

Do know, while Optics Planet is who you order from and pay, they may not actually stock the item to ship. In other words, they take the order and send it to manufacturer/distributor to actually ship your order. So, these questions may be from the supplier and not Optics Planet, who is just a middleman.

Posts: 194 | Location: Huffman, Tx | Registered: 30 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BoomRM:
If the delivery driver shows up with your package in a black suburban while wearing a suit and sunglasses - Don't answer the door.

Nah, just hide the dog.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Thats a strange policy to save there butts.