Find
Notify
Tools

The blind sow got an acorn
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Joe Young
posted
Things like this don't happen to me very often. There was a BV-20 Unertl on ebay, poorly described, fuzzy picture. I bid $425 which turned out to be the reserve bid. I got it for my bid and waited for over a week to get it. All the time wondering if I bought a pig in a poke. When it came, it was in excellent condition, end caps and all. Now I have to shuffle scopes around to see which rifle I want it on. This is my 4th Unertl and I think it will end up on my 1949 Wichester M70 .220 Swift. I can't quit grinning!

Posts: 107 | Location: Lake City, FL | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joe Young: You got a wonderful scope for a very good price!
I have owned quite a number of Unertl optics over the years and have narrowed them down to just one BV-20 and a spotting scope. Both these Unertls are infinitely clear, abberation free and cause no eyestrain what so ever!
Love em!
I have my BV-20 on a custom stocked (by Jim Cloward in Exhibition Grade wood - Varmint style!) Sako heavy barrelled 222 Remington Magnum.
Is your Winchester Swift a heavy barrel or a standard weight Rifle?
Best of luck with your new rig!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe Young
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VarmintGuy:
Joe Young: You got a wonderful scope for a very good price!
I have owned quite a number of Unertl optics over the years and have narrowed them down to just one BV-20 and a spotting scope. Both these Unertls are infinitely clear, abberation free and cause no eyestrain what so ever!
Love em!
I have my BV-20 on a custom stocked (by Jim Cloward in Exhibition Grade wood - Varmint style!) Sako heavy barrelled 222 Remington Magnum.
Is your Winchester Swift a heavy barrel or a standard weight Rifle?
Best of luck with your new rig!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Mine is a standard bbl, high comb. I also have a .257 Roberts straight comb, same year. A period Balvar 8 is going on it. My 1947 M70 k hornet will get a 12X Ultra varmint. Still up in the air about a couple more changes, I always wind up with everthing needing sighted in, fun though to shoot them back in.

Posts: 107 | Location: Lake City, FL | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With Quote