Find
Notify
Tools

How to improve the value of your scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted
Well, I have now used this very simple but high valued accessories for my scope through this winter season and love it:

http://www.titanium-gunworks.d...tik/scope-guard.html

It´s a Neoprene cover from Swarovski to fit your scope like a glove. It protects the scope from scratches, abuse and most important: rain, snow and dust - I have used my rifle with this cover though snowfall and rain and it was a great value to have "open and clear sight" when I needed it...

It fits of course other brands as well...

Klaus

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Klaus,

Why don't you just put a neoprene cover over the entire gun? It would be no less practical for hunting and would protect the portion of the firearm that is more subject to damage than the scope itself.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe he ought to get one for himself too. Sort of a body condom Sorry but that thing seems ridiculous to me.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
@Stonecreek:
Guess there is not so much snow and rain in Texas like it is here...?!

I hate this kind of flaps, so for me this cover is perfect for foolish weather - without rain or snow, I would not take it of course, but when the weather is bad, it is a great value...

Another friend uses this for protecting his scope freezing up in Sweden...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, not for me.

The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but the experience.

one of us
posted Hide Post
scubaro

That looks like a good cover.

That is a nice looking rifle as well.

Many of these Americans do not know that that rifle has a QD scope mount, and that that cover protects the scope when it is removed well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I use similar covers to protect my scopes when my rifles are racked in the hunting truck.

Leupold makes them, and the other brand I have used is called Scopecoat (or something like that).

The covers are very light and do a great job of protecting the scopes from the odd bump and bruise. They keep the scopes dry and dust free to boot.

I take the covers off when actually hunting - although I believe that I might leave them on in a rain or snow storm.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13639 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have some Africase scope covers I got from Aleko at Heritage Arms. They are made of padded canvas. Some are designed to protect the scope off the gun, some have a long enough stra to protect the scope on the gun or off the gun.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
I have some Africase scope covers I got from Aleko at Heritage Arms. They are made of padded canvas. Some are designed to protect the scope off the gun, some have a long enough stra to protect the scope on the gun or off the gun.

You are absolutely right! The Africases are perfect, especially for using them off the gun - on the gun I prefer those Swarovski´s...