Find
Notify
Tools

Meopta Meosight III experience?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'Day Fella's,

I'm thinking of fitting one of my rifles, with a small Red Dot/Reflex sight.
There seems to be no shortage of options these days (Trijicon, Leupold, J Point etc) but I have been very impressed with what Meopta produce, hence this enquiry!

Have any of you blokes used or own one of the Meosight III red dot/reflex sights, and what were your impressions/experiences?
FYI, here is a link to what they look like and details, etc;
http://www.meoptasportsoptics....eosight3/ctgRus.html

Regards
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to hear opinions too, I've been considering one for a rifle.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Just a follow up on this thread, here is the link to the direction I eventually took, and how I adapted this to one of my rifles.
http://forum.nosler.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32379

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Very interesting! I had seen that sort of sight a lot but never used or seen through one. Initially I thought you must use it with the front sight, like a TV peep Smiler

I'm amazed that a sight with apparently nothing but a single focal plane can be parallax-free.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Sambarman338, it appears to be totally parallax free but there is some amount of optical distortion (around the edges) of the image!
But I'm not concerned about that, as I'm to busy lookin at the Dot in the middle!!!

Doh!
Homer