New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss vs Swarovski
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How does the Zeiss Classic C 10x40 binos compare to the Swarovski 7x42s???

The reason I ask is I've got the older Swarovski 7x42s, I think they are the B model. I've used them on a few hunts and while they are clear, I've found them to be pretty heavy, bulky and that I would like more magnification. So I'm thinking, without breaking the bank, of selling the Swarovskis and buying the Classics. Would this be the way to bino happiness???

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rating optics is a very subjective thing.

I have an assortment of scopes and binoculars including Swarovski 3 scopes and 2 binoculars; Zeiss 2 scopes and 2 binoculars, one of which is an old Navy surplus, Nikon 2 binoculars, a pair of Pentax binculars and a Kahles scope and set of bincoulars....and one Leupold scope.

My sons and I can never agree which are the best either in resolution, brightness, ease of use, color contrast.

I like the Swarovski scopes and compact binocs for hunting but the old Zeiss come out if weight isn't a problem. One of my sons swears by the Nikon binoculars while the other always wants the Pentaz.

Bottom line is you need to look for yourself.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote