New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss vs Bushnell 4200
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm a varmint hunter. Bushnell 4200 6x24x40 with side focus is about $500 bucks. Zeiss 6x20x50MM is about $800 bucks. Is the Zeiss quality optics over the 4200 worth the extra $300Bucks?

How does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but looses his soul

Posts: 183 | Location: SF Bay area | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you're going to shoot in low light, I'd go for the Zeiss.......prairie dog shooting, I'd probably go with the 4200, based on the monetary savings if they are a significant part of your decision, but its a close call either way.

Just FYI, Camera Land (good people to deal with) have Zeiss 6x20x50 demos for $650, including lifetime transferable warranty. I've purchased a demo from them and it absolutely could not be told from new.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnny foreigner
posted Hide Post
The 4200 is a brilliant scope. The optics on the new 6-24 x 40 mildot are superb and easily comparable to the Zeiss conquest, but...The field of view on the new side focus 4200 is truly appaling. I have 2, one on an HMR and one on a 223. In the field the 4200 makes it difficult to aquire the target.

The Zeiss 6-20 x 50 is very nice overall.

DW

Posts: 156 | Location: UK Oxford | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I personally don't feel Zeiss and Bushnell should be mentioned in the same sentence rotflmo

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
without question worth it.

i heard a lot of hype on here about the bushnell but have looked at em several times and was far less than impressed. the zeiss is a better scope by leaps and bounds.

i just ordered a zeiss from cameralandny monday, hes got awesome deals going right now!

--------------------------------
It's more than a passion, it's an obsession.

Posts: 32 | Location: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: 26 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reloader:
I personally don't feel Zeiss and Bushnell should be mentioned in the same sentence rotflmo

I'm with you on that! The Zeiss is nothing more than an overhyped overpriced Eurosnob scope!

Posts: 257 | Location: The Greatest Country on Earth! | Registered: 04 October 2006Reply With Quote