THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Computerized optic with fire control system for a rifle.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Computerized optic with fire control system for a rifle.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I've watched and listened to their pitch twice now. I don't think it's turning conventional ammunition projectiles into 'fire and forget' and/or guided munitions. I heard him say something about the sights having to be 'optiminally aligned'? That I think is still going to be the important part; aka sight alignment.

Seems to me they might have put a laser range finder and something that computes/adjusts for trajectory into one unit. I'd question if it also computes wind drift.

Am I missing anything else that this gee-whiz thing is going to do?

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once you designate the target it makes the calculations. You pull the trigger and hold on the target. When you wobble on to the target just right the rifle fires.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I don't see much good coming from this. It doesn't seem to fit into any concept of sport; defence and police will have the upper hand for a while but, since it will be commercially available, it won't be long before the baddies are shooting them back at us and our representatives.

Posts: 5119 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote