THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    What's a good scope for a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's a good scope for a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What's a good scope for a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag?

With my eyes not being what they used to be, I'm thinking about mounting a pistol scope on my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag.

One thing I know is that it will have to be able to withstand the recoil.

Have any of you guys already done this?

Any ideas, recommendations would be appreciated.

I'm going to the gun shop today, just to look and ask questions, but I figured I'd ask here, first.

Hack

Posts: 103 | Location: Columbus, Georgia | Registered: 08 April 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
with my eyes getting old I put the bushnell holo site one my raging bull in 44 mag. holds a zero even with hot loads, fast and great for hunting. I hit insde a paper plate at 100 yrds with ease. you might want to look into one of those. there is no magnification but very accurate
sportingly
Hoggunner

Posts: 19 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The Burris 1.25-4x and 2-7x, the Leupold 2X EER and the Bushnell Elite 3200 2-6x32 are scopes I have recently used on .44 Magnum revolvers, and all have worked very well. If you can find a used one, the OLDER TC 2.5-7 variable or the Simmons Gold Medal 2.5-7x scopes are both fantastic performers and among my favorites for handguns.

The key is mounting it properly. The forces exerted upon a handgun scope can ruin one in a hurry is the mounting system is not set up well.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I "needed" a scope for my FA 475 linebaugh to make it "legal" to get through South Africa on my way to Zimbabwe I called Freedom Arms.

They recommended the Bushnell 3200 2-6x32.

I have shot fixed 2x and 4x Leupold handgun scopes in the past.

I prefer the Bushnell.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote