New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kahles adjustments?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been trying try figure out the adjustments.

The book says "clockwise for either left or downward adjustment". Yet when I do this things don't seem right.

Anyone use these scopes and have any comments?

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What happens when you turn them counter=clockwise?

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Then they are supposed to go up and right.

I need to spend some more time wiht this scope.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know it sounds silly and maybe I am smart enough to understand the markings of some scopes but not others but I mounted a ton of scopes when I managed a gunshop and on a number of them the adjustments were opposite the markings. They all seemed to work fine and hold zero fine, you just turn them the opposite direction of the arrow.

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
The best way to find out what they're doing is get it set up solid, put the crosshairs on an object, and with the scope remaining absolutely solid, turn the adjustment one way or the other and see where the crosshair is going. I know you shouldn't have to do this, but I've also seen weird stuff happen when you go by the instructions in the cap. At least this way, you'll know for sure. I do have a Kahles, that does move according to caps as you described, Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote