New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Sightron:(
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After being a huge Sightron advocate finally purchased one that is defective. Scope in question is a 6x24 duplex that is supposed to have 1/8 clicks but they are all over the place.
Installed the scope on a 20 Tactical just purchased and first thing noticed was it didnt take near the number clicks it should of to move it 5 inches at 25 yards to get it dialed in on paper.
After two range sessions at 100 yards started to notice a pattern when trying to move the POI, it would sometimes move, sometimes not. Mounts are Talley one piece and they are tight. Final nail in the coffin was when I gave the scope two clicks of downward elevation and it moved POI about 1 1/4 inches.
This one is going back to Midway to be exchanged for a Leupold VX II 6-18. Hopefully the 3x9 I just purchased for my CZ 375 and another 6x24 that is going on a 6mm BR work as advertised. Not good for the confidence level.
But all the other ones I own including about 6 rimfire models are great scopes. Better get the 3x9 on the 375 to make sure it is ok!

One thing interesting is the box Sightron packed the scope in was pretty big and there was no internal packaging which allowed the scope to be loose and bounce around inside the box

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote