New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did I get? 1-4X scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up this little scope and had to have it follow me home. It is a B.Nickel Marburg/L 1-4 E/S made in Germany. It seems to have a first focal plane reticle as it adjusts sizes with the power. Glass seems very clear but it did fail the freezer test and fogs up. I'd like to maybe refurbish this scope or it will probably work on a .22 rifle as is, but I just thought it was a little neat.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen one in awhile but some of those Nickel scopes were pretty good scopes.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It´s a great scope, although not very well known, you can send it to the manufacturer and get a quote for refurbishing : Nickel Scopes

I own a H&R 1,5-6x42 since 1993/94, and it is still working perfectly, when I bought mine I compared it to a Zeiss and think they are on the same level.
They´re much more expensive nowadays, mine cost at the time something like 40% less then the equivalent Zeiss, wish I had bought some more...

Cheer´s

Posts: 152 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked one of these up from the stalking directory. Lovely little scope - currently on 22 rf, but one day will add claw mounts to put it on 7x65r combination gun for close range use.

Posts: 984 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote